Friday, May 16, 2014

WNBA JONES 2014 PREDICTIONS

WNBA JONES' 2014  WNBA PREDICTIONS


EASTERN CONFERENCE
ATLANTA
CHICAGO
INDIANA
CONNECTICUT

Yup.  No Liberty.  Don't feel confident putting Libs in the running even with newly minted Tina Charles and Essence Carson back.

No Mystics because of the Crystal Langhorne trade.   Dolson is not nearly as quick to make fans forget. 




WESTERN CONFERENCE
MINNESOTA
PHOENIX
LOS ANGELES
SEATTLE

No San Antonio because Becky Hammon (bless her soul) aint the Becky of old.  She and Sophia Young are at the tail end of their careers.  Not sure if either have a second wind.  That said, I love Danielle Adams, Danielle Robinson, and Shenise Johnson and because of the, who knows what could happen?  

I consider Tulsa to be one of my favorite teams to watch.  They are young, feisty, and exciting. However with Liz Cambage out and no star veterans, I think it's another steppingstone season.



WNBA CHAMPION


MINNESOTA LYNX
I feel silly picking any other team.   It won't be a catwalk for 'em though.  Merc and Sparks look really good.



ROOKIE OF THE YEAR


ODYSSEY SIMS (TUL)
Many people are predicting Chiney Ogwumike, but I think Sims will have an incredible rookie season.



MVP


MAYA MOORE (MIN)
Let's face it, she's due.  And she could have won it last year with the marvelous numbers she had.



DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR


ANGEL MCCOUGHTRY (ATL)
We all know she one of the top thieves in the game.  I think she'll only get better while Tamika 
Catchings gets older.



MOST IMPROVED PLAYER


Wait a minute.  That's not the picture I wanted.  


That's the one I wanted.  I think.

SKYLAR DIGGINS (TUL)
Some say that she scored more magazine spreads than points last year.  However she had a damn good preseason.  I think the will and determination is there especially with Sims on the roster.



COACH OF THE YEAR


Coop There It Is!

MICHAEL COOPER (ATL)
I originally wanted to say Sandy Brondello of the Phoenix Mercury.  Her Aussie connection with Penny Taylor and Erin Phillips may be a big advantage.   On the other hand, Coop is proven.  He's won two championships, and I think he'll work well with Angel, Swin Cash,  and rookie Shoni Schimmel.  I'm expecting big things ... just not a championship.  Not quite yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment